I found it much easier to work with – you might want to retry the “cows” to see if you agree
* Faster engine
* Different use of preserve/discard layers
* Works on floating selections
* Rigidity introduced to control the seams Interface
* New interface with notebook
* Output to new layer option
* Visualization of seams in a separate layer
* Refresh button
* Create new layer button
* More sensible strength scale
* Added tooltips
New version changes the preferred way to use the plug-in.
1. Open the dialog and click “New” in “Feature preservation mask” group.
2. Temporarily move the dialog somewhere and use the brush to mark features to preserve in the new layer that LqR has just created for you. Note that color of brush has automagically changed to green.
3. Go back to the dialog and click “Refresh”. Preview will be updated, so small preview of the layer above will.
4. If you need to remove some features, do the same with “Feature discard mask”. Note that color of the brush will automatically change to red.
5. Define new size, strength for each mask, gradient function etc. Click OK.
New Rigidity option is useful when you have a number of “structured” objects (e.g. architecture, windows etc.) that have straight lines that should not be distorted.
Thanks for the mail, Alec! I’ll try that after I have worked out my email trouble.