The features list (which I simply stole from their site…. )
- Tags can now be organized into hierarchical trees
- Paired RAW + JPEG images are treated as a single photo when imported from a camera
- Select different developers for RAW photos: use the development produced by Shotwell or by your camera
- Shotwell now uses GSettings instead of GConf to store its configuration information
- “Hide Photos Already Imported” setting persists between imports
- Several all-new saved search options
- JPEG mimics of RAW images are no longer stored in your home directory, and are now created on demand
- Shotwell now supports Windows Bitmap (.bmp) images
Try their precompiled packages or roll your own.
Meet the GIMP Video Podcast by Rolf Steinort and Philippe Demartin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Germany License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://meetthegimp.org.